Elevated Eggplant Salad
55 grams Dijon mustard
2 grams chili flakes
10 grams good olive oil
100 grams avocado oil
20 grams lemon juice
Salt to taste
- Add all ingredients except oil to bowl.
- Slowly drizzle in oil while whisking vigorously to form an emulsion.
- Salt to taste and set aside.
Good for about 4-5 large eggplants.
Roughly peel eggplants, cut into 1.5” cubes.
Toss in oil and salt
Roast at 350F for 30-45 mins, until fully tender and lightly browned.
Remove from oven
Dress with vinaigrette. Only use enough to lightly coat eggplant.
Add fresh oregano and minced parsley to taste.
Allow to marinate 1 hour at room temp. Gasrnish with favourite Feta cheese and serve forth.
Crispy Brussel Sprouts
Glaze for sprouts:
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup gluten free soy sauce
Mix together. Reserve
Good for about 1.25 lbs of trimmed sprouts
Trim tough ends off sprouts and cut in half length wise (quarter larger sprouts to ensure all cook at same rate.
Bring non stick pan to medium high heat
- Add sprouts cut side down
- Reduce heat to medium
- Cook 5-10 mins, checking occasionally to ensure they are not over browning and adjusting heat as necessary
- Once golden brown and yielding to the tines of a fork add glaze.
- Reduce glaze until syrupy while tossing sprouts.
- Season with a small amount of salt, and chili/black pepper if desired. Remove from heat and fold in toasted walnuts and fresh cut apples.
- Serve warm
- * don’t be afraid to add some blue cheese on top when they are done for an added kick.
Thai Squash Salad
50 grams toasted desiccated coconut
30 grams toasted and crushed cashew
½ cup avocado oil
50 grams diced onions
40 grams lime juice
1 gram chili flake
25 grams coconut vinegar
25 gram gluten free soy sauce or fish sauce
- add onions to oil and bring to a simmer. Simmer until tender and remove from heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and reserve.
For the Spaghetti squash
- Split lengthwise and scoop out innards.
- Rub evenly with coconut oil and season with salt
- Roast in a 400F oven cut side up for 20-40 mins. This will require checking and vary greatly based upon a few uncontrollable. So check frequently. You are looking for the fibres to just begin becoming loose
- Once fibres are loose, remove from oven and allow to cool to touch. *this will keep cooking as it sits)
- Using a for and working from the edge of the squash in, scrape the strajnds towards the concave center of the squash before turning the forked strands out onto a work surface.
- Once all is forked, go over fibres and ensure spermatophore and no clumps between strands.
- Dress liberally with vinaigrette, tasting and adjusting as necessary.
- Toss mint and cilantro in the salad and garnish with the same. Serve at room temp.